Monday, August 13, 2012

No More...

...Pacifers!



Susan told the two little ones at daycare that Jack (her husband) took the pacifiers (actually, she couldn't find them from cleaning the room over the weekend so that was her excuse in the moment)...so the little ones took their naps without their pacifiers-without a fuss.  So...I thought this is our opportunity to make that break completely.  I have to admit, I wasn't all that excited about the timing since Matt was gone for two nights and one of the two nights Grandma Lyn would be putting her to bed, but I went for it!

The first night she wanted to know where her "fluff" was.  I told her Jack had it.  That wasn't a good enough answer so I put her in her crib to look for it.  She searched between the bumper and the mattress and kept saying "but I need it", but once we started to rock, sing and read books she seemed to forget about it.

When i put her down there was a brief whimper and then a short (maybe 20 seconds) of crying before I didn't hear anything out of her and she slept all night!

Success!

Why is it I still haven't thrown them away?  Come to think about it--I think I still have Alex's in a ziploc. I know...pathetic! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment