Saturday, January 19, 2013

Lots of Changes & Some Updates

It seems 2013 has brought lots of changes...

Alex: 
1. Finally put the booster seat away and he sits like a big kid at the dinner table.  I realize he hasn't needed the "booster" for quite sometime, but I kept it so he would sit still!!!!

2. He has been showering by himself for quite some time, but it still makes me stop and think...gee he doesn't need my help!  Have to say it is nice to only have to really worry about one for the most part.  Bath time is not my favorite time of the day--never has been.

3. Starting to get into music.  Asks for me to turn up the radio when it plays.  Fun to see him rock out!

4. Told me I could give his little blanket away to another little boy...said "he was big enough and didn't really need it anymore and some other little guy might like it".  While the sentiment is wonderful, I told him we weren't getting rid of his personalized baby blanket!  Yes...I left it in his bed!

5. Although he doesn't fight us to take them, and still goes to bed pretty well when he does take them--I have started to let him decide if he feels like a nap (that is unless he has been a "bear" up to that point--then he doesn't have an option).  I figure he is five.  He doesn't HAVE to have one, but sometimes I think he is the type to still "need" one (otherwise the kids can get some serious dark circles!).  He knows that if he doesn't take one--there is NO whining later on in the day.

6. The kids eats like a grown up.  98% of the time he packs away the whole meal and doesn't complain.  Especially nice now when we go to restaurants--it isn't such a battle (which frees us up to battle with his younger sister instead)!

Brecke:
1. The biggest news: No longer sleeping in a crib.  Finally, at 33 months of age she moved up to a big girl bed!  She loved her crib, but we started to see a leg fling over the top sometimes and just knew it was a matter of time.  The furniture came this past Tuesday (15th) and with the exception of the first night (TONS of tossing and turning and not a lot of shut eye), she has done great!  As I type this, I am trying to get her down for her first nap in the big bed, and that is NOT going so well! UPDATE: It didn't go at all.  Period.  It is going to be an interesting rest of the day.
----Alex LOVES that sister has a big bed too!  They play a lot upstairs now and he loves to go get her in the morning when her clock turns yellow!

2. Thinking about the potty training (at least Mom is--she is probably only when I bring it up!)!  Since I know she knows what she is doing...cuz she comes and tells me as she is DOING it...I keep saying it is time to use the big girl potty.  This is our consistent conversation:
Me: "time to use the big girl potty"
B:"nope, because you and Susan (daycare lady) will change my diaper".
Me: "no we won't"
B: "yes, you will"
Me: "the diapers are almost gone and there aren't anymore"
B: "yes there are--at the store"
Me: "nope-they are all sold out"
B: "No they aren't!"
Me: "yes they are"
B: "then go to a different store"
At this point...I start to laugh.

I told her that big girl panties have princesses on them.  She seemed interested and got excited.  I went to workout today and when I got home she asked if I bought her princess panties!?  :)  Guess I might have to buy her some!

3. Got about 2.5 inches cut off her hair.  Trying to even it out and have it grow in better.  I think it is a cute look for her and she was pretty proud too.

1 comment:

  1. 2012 was a good (and fun) year! Lots of growing up for both Alex and Brecke. Papa and I are always laughing at something.

    ReplyDelete