Sunday, January 1, 2012

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

The holidays are always such a crazy time, but then add in a little guy's birthday and it just seems to make my head spin.  Mostly because I try really hard to soak it all in...Christmas, Santa, the magic of the Season, the anticipation of Alex's birthday (as we don't want it to fall by the way side of everything else going on), the actual BIG day, trying to think about the end of a year, the fresh beginning of a new one and oh, yeah--maybe a resolution or two!  Ugh...I am tired just reading all that! I have never been a big New Year's Eve person, and am just fine going to bed before midnight.  Matt--I think he would prefer I at least stay up to ring in the new year.  Anyway, for the past four years, I don't feel like I have really said goodbye to the year and thought much about what the new year could mean to me.  This year wasn't too much different, but I tried to give it a good effort.

I have made some simple "goals" for myself in 2012.  I figure I already put enough pressure on myself, I don't need anymore, so they really are--SIMPLE.  This blog is one of them.  I am going to work to keep it up to date.  For me and for my kids someday.  I am a sentimental person and love to document things and reminisce, so this is enjoyable and I hope my family and friends enjoy keeping up with us!

Other goals:
--take a picture everyday.  It is my 365 day challenge.  I love trying different things with my photography and still have lots to learn about my camera.  Now that I have Lightroom, I have lots of cool editing options to learn about.
--travel somewhere new that is over 300 miles away.
--nag less; laugh more
--of course, I want to eat better, get in shape (again) blah blah blah--but I am not formally listing that.  I am just going to make it a habit.  There I said it--so now when you see me eating a bag of chocolate chips, a cadbury egg, and french fries, give me a friendly reminder!!! :)

Our New Year's Eve was calm and quiet.  We were grateful that Mom and Dad stuck around after the Hopkey Christmas festivities to spend New Year's with us and celebrate Alex's birthday.  We watched some football, ate A LOT, and watched the ball drop.  We called it a night around 11:30--not real sure why we didn't stick it out the last half hour!

No comments:

Post a Comment