Thursday, March 14, 2013

Some little things to remember

--I love to hear Brecke call out Alex's name. She calls him "Algee".  Reminds me of when Alex used to call her Baby Brecke, then Beck, and then he figured out the "r" in there and now she gets called Breckie at times.

--Both my kids love french fried onions.  You know the ones that go on top green bean casserole!?  I like to snack on them when I have some leftover in my fridge and now my kiddos are following in my footsteps.  Matt--does NOT get it!

--Brecke is obsessed with the little silk tag on her blanket that she sleeps with. She has to have the tag to rub between her fingers when she falls asleep.  Nana has already reinforced it once.

--Alex' speech has made great strides in this past month!  He is soaking up his lessons and we can really understand most of what he is saying!  He has slowed down and really started moving his lips.  So proud of him!

--Brecke hates "Chuck" our irobot vacuum.  He is on a timer to run while we aren't home, but she is the first one to realize he hasn't made it back to his "home" and so she makes someone go and find him before she goes too far into the house.  If I turn him on while she is around, she stands as far away as possible from him!

--Brecke is in love with Cinderella...actually any princess.  And don't forget Tinkerbell! She goes on and on about how the two sisters are mean and they rip her dress and her necklace, but how the "godmother" gives her a prettier dress.  (She is going to LOVE her 3rd b-day party--a Cinderella party)

--Both kids are into singing B-I-N-G-O (a lot!)

--Brecke's book lately: Going to the Doctor --she loves the Jay family in the book.

One that I could live without...
-Brecke's eating habits.  She is a terrible eater for us.  Great for everyone else, but horrible for us.  She just won't eat or insists we feed her.  So, I have said forget that and if she chooses not to eat, I figure she will get hungry at some point and feed herself.  I have also stopped giving her any chips or those more favorite/less healthy items until she eats her "good" foods.
-As an update: she still LOVES ketchup with everything!  Bananas, apples, meat, anything. Crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment