Saturday, October 13, 2012

Miss Brecke is 2 1/2--wow!

The little lady of the house is officially 2.5!  I keep saying that over and over thinking it will make sense in this brain of mine--but it just doesn't see possible!!!  She is such a ham!  Maybe a ham with an attitude, but nonetheless, she is still a ham!  Her personality is overflowing and I think that is one of the things that I really enjoy watching about her!



Some Breckeisms at age 2 1/2:
-27 lbs
-Size 3T tops; 2T bottoms
-Hair is between her shoulder blades when straight
-Sayings: " Awesome-I like it"; "oh my gosh"; "i got it Mom"; "nope"
-she loves playing hide and seek and saying "boo".  It makes her get the giggles
-she consistently finds the silk tag on her blanket and pushes her thumb and pointer finger together and makes it slide and by sliding it makes a weird noise almost like a "ribbit"
-I love the dimples up by her eyes that appear when she gives us that big smile of hers
-she loves syrup as much as she loves ketchup and has no problem telling right where she wants it on her plate!  "Right Here" she says as she pushes things out of the way to make a spot.
-Goes around saying "oink oink"
-Is an avid Bible reader!  She cracks me up!  This is the one book that she insists on reading every night.   She will wake up early in the morning and yell until we come turn the light on so she can read her Bible.  One morning, after turning on the light, I just laid across the hall on the bed and listened to her turn the pages one by one.  Come to find out, she flipped through the book (which is 278 pages) until she found the Bible story we read the night before and when I walked in , she paraphrased the story back to me!
-Her crib is stuffed full of books (8-9), a couple of blankets, 5-6 stuffed animals.  There is barely room for her, but she would have it no other way.  Trust me--I have tried to limit the number of things that accompany her to bed.  It is not worth the fight!
-She counts to 10 and knows her ABCs and knows many of her colors
-Loves saying goodbye and showing anyone to the door.  I especially love the "c ya later" "have a good day" sendoffs!
-I am amazed at how good she is with puzzles.
-She has entered an "I miss you" stage.  She says it even when I have been in her presence for hours.  When she doesn't want to do something or is unhappy...she will proclaim she misses me and insist on a kiss and hug.  Hard for me to be upset with that...
-She loves the combine and being around harvest. She really enjoys seeing Papa in the field!  She knows he is the one up in that big machine!
-Brecke is all about talking to the dog.  She has "sit, Syd" down perfectly, tells her to "drop it" (meaning the ball) and is happy to tell Sydney "out" which is what we say when we want her to get out of the garage.
-Brecke is a singer.  She loves to sing and really loves many things musical!  One of her all time favorites is a song that Daddy "wrote" about 4-5 months ago to the tune of Frère Jacques.  It goes like this:
Brecke likes tractors (or you could insert combines), Brecke likes tractors
Yes she does, yes she does
Red and green and yellow ones, red and green and yellow ones
They're so much fun, they're so much fun



No comments:

Post a Comment