First 5K of the summer is in the books! I ran the Illinois Marathon's 5K tonight and my boys came to cheer me on! It was cold and WINDY, but thankfully the rain held off!
Over 5000 people ran this year. The course is through the University of Illinois campus and ends on the 50 yard line inside Memorial Stadium.
It was a good race and I did better than last year's time. Here are some stats:
2011 time: 32:31
2012 time: 31:06
Overall I was:
1779 out of 5037
771 out of 3087 women
90th in my age division
I absolutely LOVE to see Matt and Alex along the route! They always hang out in the AGR yard at the beginning of the race and then move into the stadium so I can see them as I am finishing! Alex has a blast and says "run mommy run" and gives me a high 5!! Amazing what those little boosts do for you!
Pictures to come...
No comments:
Post a Comment