Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Sunny Days...

Matt and I couldn't wait to surprise Alex and Brecke with tickets to see Elmo and Sesame Street at Assembly Hall in Champaign!  Not because our kids watch Sesame Street or Elmo (we actually were concerned that they wouldn't know the characters--that sounds so crazy--I know, but we never have watched Elmo and I think there is one book in this house with Elmo in it). I can still remember going to see Sesame Street when I was little--thanks Mom and Dad!

We had great seats and the kids tried so hard to take it all in!  They were amazed by the big characters, the giant disco ball spinning and the fun music!  Matt and I--we were amazed by other parents.  Wow--crowd watching was interesting that night and we were thankful that we had a great set of "neighbors" sitting arounds us.  Nice kids and no meltdowns!

Once the pre-show popcorn was gone, Brecke wanted to sit on my lap, and I have to admit I was a bit bummed not to be able to watch the show through her eyes, but yet I really enjoyed seeing Alex react to things.  His big smile was plastered on his face--which made this Mommy really happy inside too!  I giggled when Brecke got rocking back and forth so hard on my lap that it made me really rock in my seat and randomly she would raise her hands up in the air and start clapping.  I about lost an eye a couple of times!

I sometimes wonder why I even TRY to get a good picture of the both of them together...plus
that night was full of distractions!  Anyway...this is pre-show with the stage behind them.
My crew waiting.  The popular question:  "Where's Elmo?! Where's Elmo?!"
Great seats! 

The kids did know some of the songs and they really liked when the characters came out in the audience!  Alex's favorite was Cookie Monster, Brecke's was Abby Cadabby (how fitting since she is really into abracadabra and turning her clock blue).

No comments:

Post a Comment