Friday, September 3, 2010

Our Little Doll

On September 12th, Brecke is going to be Dedicated at our church.  When we joined First Christian, the baby dedications that I saw kind of threw me for a loop.  I was used to witnessing a new baby be baptized. A Baby Dedication is a small ceremony where we express publicly our intention to raise her in the Christian faith and ask our family and our church family to help guide us.  Then as she grows in her own faith, she will ultimately decide on her own when she chooses to accept God into her life and then be baptized.

This is Brecke at 4 1/2 months in my baptismal gown. She will wear it (hopefully her neck doesn't get any bigger). I think she looks absolutely so sweet in this picture.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. Yep, she's a doll! Same day as Owen's dedication/baptism :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so sweet! I think she looks even more like you in that picture!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our daughter wore my baptism dress on her dedication as well! It just made the day even more special!

    ReplyDelete