I can't even tell you how many times I heard "are we gonna meet Cy today?" as we were packing up and heading towards Iowa this past weekend! It was cute and exhausting all at once! The kids were excited because Aunt Jan had arranged for us to meet Cy and we got third row seats for the ISU vs. TCU basketball game (thanks Uncle Charlie)!
I had not taken in a basketball game for at least five, maybe six years and this was the kids' first game too. It was a great game, great atmosphere (as usual) and honestly just felt good to be "home". I took about five minutes once we were settled to just soak it in. Sounds stupid, but just being there made my eyes water. Some good memories dating all the way back to when I was a kid!
The kids enjoyed it. They were tired, but the popcorn and the Cy cones helped! :)
 |
| The long awaited moment! Brecke had been watching him the whole time and when it came down to it--she wasn't going near him. So I swooped her up and this is what we got! |
 |
| Can you tell he was not into taking his picture!? |
 |
| Brecke spied Cy! |
Afterwards we enjoyed a cousin get together at Aunt Jan's. It was fun to have all the kids together and to just visit (and eat Hickory Park, of course)! We even let Aunt Jan buy! ;) (she puts up a good fight!)
Alex went out and played and even stayed out after everyone else came in to build a little snowman with what little snow (actually ice) there was left.
 |
| See that little hump to the left of him? |
No comments:
Post a Comment